HERITAGE FARMER (GREY SOLE)
The Farmer is our nod to the folks who wear Veldskoen every day. Southern African farmers have worn Veldskoen since the 17th century. Good Veldskoen shoes are hardworking and tough as nails. They can, and will, get the job done. Just like good farmers.
- Superior materials: We source as many of our materials locally (in SA) as we possibly can. By sourcing locally, we help support local businesses and communities. This has the knock-on effect of reduced carbon emissions, because components and finished products spend less time in transit.
- All day Comfort: Veldskoen leather naturally conforms and moulds to your foot. After a few days of wear, they will feel like they are an extension of your foot.
- Hand stitched detail: Each Veldskoen is handmade and stitched in South Africa by master shoe makers. This means individual care and attention is given to every shoe.
- Brighten your sole: Veldskoen come in a variety of colours. There’s a Veldskoen sole for every mood and situation. In Veldskoen you can go from cruising the office, to hiking through the bush, without skipping a beat.
- Odour free: Did you know leather is a natural deodorizer? Veldskoen announce themselves because of how they look, not because of how they smell. You can even wear them without socks.
- Leather Uppers: Our leather is sourced from a handful of local tanneries. We use a few different types of leathers.
- Full grain reversible suede in 1.8/2.0mm substance on our Heritage and Chelsea range.
- All our leathers are sustainably and ethically, sourced by-product from the local meat industry. Because we use genuine leather, finishes may differ slightly between shoes, or areas on a pair of shoes. We love these unique textures and believe they are part of what gives Veldskoen their beautiful character!
- Hydrophobic leather: All our Veldskoen leathers have been given a hydrophobic treatment. This means that if you spill liquid on them, it will roll off, instead of damning up, which gives you time to wipe off the liquid before it is absorbed.
- Veldskoen Sole:All our soles are all made from a durable synthetic rubber compound, which is recyclable.
- Insock:To give you all day comfort, our insocks are made with a 4mm, high density, memory foam. They are covered with a durable PU lining that creates the perfect padding for your feet.
- Laces: Our 70cm/27 inch laces are 50/50 polyester and cotton blend. This combination of polyester and cotton creates a strong and flexible lace that will last a long time.
- Stitching: Our stitching is done with a semi waxed, 100% polyester, braided thread, that is as strong as the shoe itself. We use double stitching, on all high movement areas of the shoe, for added strength.